I forgot my AOL password! How do I reset it?
If you’re unable to log in to your AOL account, use the instructions below to reset your password:
- Visit My Account.
- On the Sign In screen, under the Password box, click the Forgot Password? link.
- Enter your AOL Username or email address in the Username or Email field.
- In the second field, enter the words or characters you see displayed in the image and then click Next.
- You’ll need to verify that this account belongs to you. Under Verify this is your account, then select a confirmation option below:
- Text My Mobile (if your number is not registered, this option is not listed)
- Alternate Email Address
- Account Security Question
- Reset your password by typing a new password in the New Password box, and then re-typing your new password in the Retype New Password box. Your password is case-sensitive and must be 6 to 16 characters long.
- Click Next.
- Your AOL password is now reset.
Note: For additional password help and information, visit AOL Mail Help.