I forgot my Twitter password! How do I reset it?
If you’ve forgotten your Twitter password, use the instructions below to reset it:
- Select the Forgot password? link from the sign in page on either twitter.com, mobile.twitter.com, Twitter for Android or Twitter for iPhone, or click here.
- Enter your email address or Twitter username.
- Check your email inbox. Twitter will send a message to your account’s email address immediately.
- Click the reset link from that email.
- Choose a new password.
Note: The password reset links included in the email are time-sensitive, so if you click the link and it doesn’t work, try requesting a new one and use the link as soon as you can!
If you’ve added your mobile number to your account, you can receive a password reset via SMS/text message.
- Access the Forgot password? page and enter your Twitter username or mobile number.
- If prompted, select Reset via phone.
- Twitter will text you a 6 digit code – this will only be valid for 15 minutes.
- Enter this code.
- Choose a new password when prompted.